Amtech’s foundation is built on our values of honesty, trust, responsibility, and integrity.
We are committed to a sustainable future and to improving the social, economic, and environmental well-being to our employees and in the communities where we work. We are dedicated to environmental improvements that foster a sustainable future and lead to social and economic improvements in the communities where we do business.
We recognise that the delivery of our service has a direct impact on the environment and local community and that we have a responsibility to be a good neighbour, a good employer, and a responsible consumer of resources.
We undertake the following to contribute to our community and mitigate our impact on the environment:
Our responsibility to our Employees
- To support and encourage employees to be involved in charitable activities within the local community.
- To ensure that employees can realise their full potential and have the tools necessary to develop and grow through training, both compulsory and optional.
- To operate an open-door policy allowing employees to raise any concerns to management and to ensure that employees are not victimised for doing so.
- To ensure that each employee’s traditions and beliefs are respected and encourage and promote diversity throughout the organisation.
- To maintain communication with employees to ensure this and all other policies are actively exercised.
- To encourage employees to think creatively and offer suggestions as to how any policy or process can be improved.
- To reward employees for hard work and innovative thinking should the idea help in the running of the business.
- To protect each employee or supplier from third parties who may become abusive; this includes customers, suppliers, and the general public.
- To ensure that employees protect and do not misuse company assets only use them in an appropriate manner as set out in the employee contract.
- To make certain that all employees are aware of the impact that we as a business and they as individuals have on the external environment.
- To support and understand employee well-being, ensuring staff are encouraged to maintain an appropriate work-life balance.
Our business responsibilities:
- To minimise our usage of electricity by ensuring all electrical appliances, where possible, are switched off at the end of each day.
- To consider travel arrangements to minimise impact to the environment.
- To adhere to all relevant legislation surrounding our industry and, where necessary, will seek legal advice to ensure honest trade.
- To support charitable initiatives that align with company values to be reviewed annually through the CSR strategy.
- To compete fairly within our industry.
- To comply with the Bribery Act 2010 and any amendments made to such legislation and acts.
- To make certain that no employee working on behalf of the Company shall accept or offer a bribe.
- To put in place necessary procedures to adhere to the Bribery Act 2010. Please see Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy.
- To have a separate Environmental Policy which addresses all issues surrounding this area. We are committed to delivering on all of our individual targets.
- To utilise technology throughout our processes to reduce our paper usage and reliance on natural materials and resources.
- To suppress our requirement for energy by reducing case duration and operational processes.
- To constantly strive to provide efficient, value for money, high quality, and dependable services to all customers.
- To ensure all employees are to act in an honest and professional manner when dealing with all customers.
- To make sure all employees remain aware that they are being trusted with highly sensitive information and must not break the trust that our customers, suppliers, and company as a whole have in them.
- To maintain working relationships as they are key to the success of our business.
- To ensure that the individuals who we outsource to are not in breach of any legislation surrounding their profession or our industry.
- To create employment opportunities for the local community.
- To be aware that our business affects our local and wider community whether as employees, customers, or suppliers so we are constantly striving to build partnerships in order to create positive change.
- To ensure that working areas are always safe to ensure the security of data and staff.
- To ensure that our IT systems are well guarded and secure for the security of data.
- To provide a safe working environment for all employees and a safe examining environment for all.
- To create equal opportunities for all employees. Please see the company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To ensure all members of the company will not discriminate against colleagues or employees as per, but not exclusive to, the protected characteristics as detailed in the Equality Act 2010. Any instance where an employee is found to be non-compliant with this section 13.2 will be treated seriously as this will not be tolerated.
- To ensure all recruitment will be fair and consistent to each candidate. Please see the company’s Recruitment policy.
- To ensure that any employee who feels that they have grounds for complaint must follow the company’s grievance procedure which is accessible to all.